Saturday, February 7, 2009

Tow Truckin'

If you’re reading this, then you know me, and you know I wouldn’t call myself religious. I’m no bible-thumper, I can’t quote scripture, I don’t usually hear what the good Lord is telling me and sometimes, even if I do, I may choose to pretend that I don’t. But I wanted to share this anyway.

Last April I began noticing tow trucks while driving. For whatever reason it happens that I notice, I take the quick opportunity as it races past me to simply thank God for His continued blessings.

Your eyebrow might be raised about now with a ? above your head, but maybe I can explain it so you can see what I see?

Tow trucks have become an obvious reminder of Jesus for me because all I see is the hitch thing on the back end of the truck. I probably couldn’t tell you the company and not even the color of the truck, but when a tow truck is not towing another car, that hitch thing is folded up and whatdayaknow? It’s shaped like a cross. A cross, on it’s BACK.

Think about it: tow trucks come to help you when you’re stuck. They shoulder your burden and sometimes carry you too, to get you where you need to be or more than likely, to get you home to a safe place. More often than not, a tow truck saves us. Isn’t that what Jesus does?

It’s when we’re stuck and there’s no one else that we find out all we need is Jesus. Or a tow truck. Whatever the case may be :)

.......
"In happy moments, praise God.
In difficult moments, seek God.
In quiet moments, worship God.
In painful moments, trust God.
In every moment, thank God."
.......

2 comments: