So let's be real. This is a 50 lb bag of rice at Costco in comparison to a shopping cart (don't mind the googled stolen image):
I'd say this bag is roughly the size of my torso. And I'm supposed to lose this weight from where on my body? I know I'm not skinny. I never have been, I don't think I ever will be. And I know I didn't try to the best of my ability to lose any significant amount of weight before my inevitable appointment this coming Saturday, that you might have noticed I delayed as it's soon to be May. But really? He said according to my BMI and my height and all that other stuff that I don't think includes Asian folks, I'm obese. THANKS, DOC. What a way with the ladies!
So I know I'm in for a scolding when I go back. I know he won't give me any credit for not GAINING any more weight. But I'm still 10 lbs lighter than before I got pregnant with my son who's now 7, so I've maintained for about 8 years, and after 2 children. That's not a bad thing is it?
Perhaps if I weighed myself as neurotically as Dr. Jamm does - before every meal to determine how much he can eat on a daily basis - I'd have the same view as him? Shyeah, NO. I'll worry when my general practitioner says I should, and when my clothes don't fit. For now I'll continue to make healthier decisions than I used to. I already drink more water than the average person, simply because I like it. And why DRINK calories you could EAT instead? I don't drink alcohol, I like veggies, I prefer chicken or fish over red meat, and salads are growing on me. If I'm alone, I take the stairs and it wouldn't hurt to jog on the treadmill more often either. Problem is I like food more than I like exercise, and I've got to like it to do it.
edit: As I mirrored this on FB, I realized my blogspot name. No wonder I'm obese?!

Oh Gosh! I remember this conversation a year ago. I'm still in shock. Not all tables and grids are for everyone. You're eating healthier, exercising, and feeling great! That's all that matters. Until the tests say otherwise you perfect. Smile Mrs. Smilesmith - you're beautiful the way you are:)
ReplyDelete