Saturday, August 25, 2012

Time Cannot Erase

It's sort of ironic that Adele's "Someone Like You" would play on Pandora as soon as I began this blog!

Women always hope that if and when they run into an ex they don't have something stuck in their teeth or that they're not wearing pjs with their hair a mess or something borderline horrific like that. Basically, women hope to be looking their best should that opportunity ever arise. If the end of the relationship was fairly recent, women generally hope their ex is worse off than they are too, though they'll say otherwise. Time does heal, or at the very least, helps us to let go.

I heard it said many years ago that Love, is wanting the other person to be happy even if it's not with you. I scoffed. Pff! Nobody wants that. Haha it is absolutely true in mature hindsight.

Today I ran into an old love of mine, from a lifetime ago. And, I'm happy to report from a vanity stand point, I am the thinnest and healthiest I have Ever been in my life - thank you, Anheuser-Busch!! My hair was flat ironed, my glasses were on straight, and I was feeling, Sunshiney, like every day in this new life that is mine. I will never wear those Budweiser issued uniform pants, MY black pants are SO much better :) He looked so good too: fit like I remember, and that same amazing smile I could never get enough of. After pleasantries and quick hugs, I excused myself to get back to work. It was really nice to see him again.

But I'm wanting to write not because I succeeded at not looking like Rubbish at the moment where so many women fail, but because I am honestly happy that I ran into him. I'm happy to have known and loved him and to have been loved by him. To quote JaRule and JLo, "it was our time even if it was part time." It is enough, just to know that he is well.

In my short life I have learned that there are many kinds of love:
The kind that's young and foolish.
The kind that's comfy and safe and taken for granted.
The kind that's addictive and passionate.
The kind that's frustrating.
The kind that angers you beyond anything you knew was in you.
The kind that gets away.
And the kind you let go because it was the best choice for both of you.

Not everything happens for a reason but there is always a lesson to be learned. How we interpret it and what we take away from it, that's on us. Being selfLess is by far the greatest love we can feel isn't it?

Jah is Love, friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment