Saturday, August 25, 2012

Stocker.


= Draft begun November 14, 2011 =
November 2nd marked my 2nd anniversary with BRFS.
I hadn't ever stepped foot in that store until the day I walked in and asked for an application. I went seeking seasonal retail employment for only 6 weeks and 2 years later, I am still there. This photo graces the cover of our in store newsletter with my name beneath "Associate of the Month" for October for all my hard work and ownership of the backroom as a stocker. I enjoy saying that I'm a stocker. I actually quite enjoy being a stocker as well. I like to look at the sales floor when I leave for the day, see it maxed out, and know that I did my part to drive business. I didn't ever feel that at my last retail job where I was a cashier. I was good at that job but I didn't feel a sense of accomplishment upon leaving. When I was done, I was done.

= Fast forward to August 2012 =

As of July I am no longer with BRFS. My last day came and went as if I had never existed. Nearly three years of hard work and dedication and filling the shoes of the repeatedly vacant supervisory position and I wasn't given the courtesy of a simple goodbye. I would have accepted a "fck off!" as well.

Ahwell, c'est la vie. Things are often better on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment